Monday, December 14, 2009

For This Christmas, I Want A Torch Of Freedom


Ho ho ho. Cough.


In a festive tribute to the semester being done, I salute Edward Bernays and all of the monumental campaigns I found awe inspiring upon learning about them in Public Relations. Persuasion is a fascinating thing. I'm sure in the appropriate decade this would have seemed charming.

It seemed fitting, in the spirit of the ghosts of advertising past.

May your holiday season be merry and bright, like the burning love Santa has for the smooth taste of Lucky Strike.

4 comments:

  1. Aww Tiffany that last line made me giggle like you wouldn't believe. Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Judd Nelson said in the Breakfast Club: the only gift his dad gave him for Christmas.

    "Hey, smoke up, Johnny!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those poor little kids didnt stand a chance at a smoke-free life!

    BUT MOOOOOOM! SANTA DOES IT!

    ReplyDelete