In summation of the 2011 Golden Globe awards:
- Ricky Gervais was delightfully mean & surely achieved his goal of never being asked back
-Referred to Bruce Willis as Ashton Kutcher's father before he announced an award. Ooh. Burn
-Ended the night by thanking "God, for making me an atheist"
- Christian Bale was bizarrely bearded & possibly intoxicated for no reason.
- The GLEE cast (including Chris Colfer's [beautifully teary speech during his first win for Best Performance in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made For TV] rejoicing in their win for Best TV Series, Musical or Comedy.
-Boardwalk Empire winning theBest Television Drama award, while Steve Buscemi won the Drama Lead Actor.
-Annette Bening beating out Julianne Moore, her same-sex spouse in The Kids Are Alright, to win Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy Or Musical, a leap & bound for same-sex exposure & stories (The movie winning Best Motion Picture - Comedy Or Musical)
- Colin Firth's rightful win of Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama for The King's Speech.
- Jim Parsons's win for nerdkind, taking Best Performance by an Actor In A Television Series - Comedy Or Musical for his role as the neurotically adorable Sheldon Cooper on NBC's The Big Bang Theory.
- The Social Network sweeping Best Screenplay - Motion Picture, Best Director - Motion Picture & Best Motion Picture - Drama.
- The hilarious presentations of Steve Carell & Robert Downey Jr. stealing the show from Gervais' often mean-spirited cracks at the Academy.
The show set the stage for the Emmy's & the Oscars, so all there is to do is to wait & see if the visually beautiful & classic film formula of the The King's Speech wins over the new media mogul The Social Network.
PS: I love Carina Adly MacKenzie's take on the performances & deliveries culminating in RDJ's major comedy win over the ladies & audience tonight from Zap2It.com: